WorldView Solutions is a rapidly growing, dynamic company providing GIS and IT consulting services to an ever-expanding and varied client base. WorldView was named a Top Workplace in 2016 and was recently listed for a second year in a row in Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing companies. With more than 40 employees to date, WorldView continues to embrace an employee first philosophy, putting focus first on maintaining an atmosphere that fosters creativity, opportunity, and professional satisfaction. WorldView offers a highly competitive salary and benefit package.
We are currently seeking applicants interested in joining the team as Senior GIS Specialist. Candidates should have a passion for GIS and the ability to apply fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to produce GIS products and services to clients. Candidates need to have the ability to lead complex projects, work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple deadlines and solve complex problems with geospatial solutions. If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and examples of work to email@example.com.
- Perform GIS spatial analyses using geoprocessing software such as ESRI or other GIS tools.
- Capture GIS data in different formats using GPS, digitizing, and data conversion.
- Create new spatial datasets from analysis of existing datasets.
- Design and implement training plans, and assist in training in various aspects of the GIS software and database creation and use.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems experienced with the use of GIS and related software.
- Execute and assist in the development of quality control procedures and data validation.
- Consult with internal and external clients to define project requirements, investigating various approaches to deliver high-quality information to stakeholders
- Advanced proficiency in ArcGIS desktop applications.
- ArcGIS Pro
- Experience with common ArcGIS desktop extensions a plus
- Data Reviewer
- Network Analyst
- Address Data Management Toolset
- Solid understanding of authoring and sharing maps and features in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server.
- Proven knowledge of geodatabase design fundamentals.
- Ability to design and manage a relational geodatabase and use editor tracking.
- Ability to execute and understand geoprocessing models.
- Ability to write geoprocessing scripts using python.
- Understanding of map topology
- Experience with parcel fabric a plus
- Experience with geometric networks a plus.
- Understanding of various analysis methods such as overlay, statistical, and proximity analysis
- Knowledge of supported ArcGIS Platform data formats and file management techniques.
- Experience in GIS data editing practices and tools/extensions available.
- Cartographic design skills in relation to labeling, symbology, and scale.
- Understanding of projections and coordinate systems
- Basic understanding of structured query language (SQL).
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) a plus
- Experience with Asset Management Systems a plus
- Technical knowledge and an understanding of current IT and GIS best practices is highly desirable.
- Excellent communicator who can effectively present information and respond to queries for information in both written and oral format.
- 5-7 years’ progressive GIS experience
- A.A, B.A, A.S., B.S. or Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Geography, or related field, or equivalent experience.