Worldview Solutions is currently seeking applicants interested in joining the team as GIS Specialist. Candidates should have a passion for GIS, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to solve complex problems with geospatial solutions. If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Perform GIS spatial analyses using geoprocessing software such as ESRI or other GIS tools.
- Capture GIS data in different formats using GPS, digitizing, and data conversion.
- Create new spatial datasets from analysis of existing datasets.
- Design and implement training plans, and assist in training in various aspects of the GIS software and database creation and use.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems experienced with the use of GIS and related software.
- Execute and assist in the development of quality control procedures and data validation.
- Expert knowledge of ArcGIS desktop applications.
- ArcGIS Pro
- Experience with common ArcGIS desktop extensions a plus
- Data Reviewer
- Network Analyst
- Address Data Management Toolset
- Understanding of authoring and sharing maps and features in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server.
- Proven knowledge of geodatabase design fundamentals.
- Ability to design and manage a relational geodatabase and use editor tracking.
- Ability to execute and understand geoprocessing models.
- Ability to write geoprocessing scripts using python.
- Understanding of map topology
- Experience with parcel fabric a plus
- Experience with geometric networks a plus.
- Understanding of various analysis methods such as overlay, statistical, and proximity analysis
- Knowledge of supported ArcGIS Platform data formats and file management techniques.
- Experience in GIS data editing practices and tools/extensions available.
- Cartographic design skills in relation to labeling, symbology, and scale.
- Understanding of projections and coordinate systems
- Basic understanding of structured query language (SQL).
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) a plus
- Experience with Asset Management Systems a plus
- 3+ years’ progressive GIS experience.
- A.A, B.A, A.S, B.S. or Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Geography, or related field, or equivalent experience.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Health insurance and dental coverage; including health savings accounts
- Group Insurance Benefits; including, Voluntary Accidental Injury Insurance, Group Term Life & AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability and Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Matching and safe harbor 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off including holidays and over three weeks paid vacation
- Professional development support
- Team and social activities including retreats, lunch and learns, and happy hours
- Flexible work schedules
- Adjacent employer paid parking
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
WorldView Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. WorldView Solutions is a drug-free work place.