Worldview Solutions is a leading software development and geospatial technology consulting firm located in downtown Richmond, VA in the heart of the Shockoe Bottom Tech District. We specialize in IT and GIS consulting for a wide array of private and public sector organizations. We pride ourselves as being customer focused by providing geospatial solutions that meet the demanding needs of our clients. Our Application Development Team consists of a close-knit group of highly talented, capable and collaborative developers and architects who possess not only strong backgrounds in IT and applications development, but also a fundamental understanding of geospatial concepts and principles.
We are currently seeking applicants interested in joining the team as a Lead Developer. Candidates should have a passion for application development, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to solve complex problems while also leading a small group of developers. If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write software that meets clients’ needs.
- Lead a small development team.
- Coordinate and delegate development activities among several developers.
- Assist with technical documentation.
- Provide guidance to development team.
- Assist with designing software solutions.
- Ability to lead a team toward a common goal
- Develop applications using .Net framework using c#.
- Web API
- Web Forms
- Experience building Single Page Applications (SPA) using Angular, React, Dojo, Backbone or other JS frameworks.
- Knowledge of one or more back-end database languages.
- Microsoft SQL Server & TSQL
- Oracle & PSQL
- Experience with one or more database connectivity libraries.
- Understanding of source control best practices.
- Experience using Git source control management software.
- Knowledge of Representational State Transfer (REST) and typical implementation.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working on teams using Agile Development Methodologies.
- GIS Experience a plus
- Knowledge of GIS principals, theories and practices.
- Knowledge of building GIS solutions using one or more GIS APIs.
- Experience with ESRI products suite including mobile, desktop, server and database.
- Experience using scripting languages to automate GIS task and/or geoprocessing.
- 6-10+ years’ experience developing applications.
- 1+ years’ experience leading a team or management.
- A.A, B.A, A.S, B.S. or Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Geography, or related field, or equivalent experience.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Health insurance and dental coverage; including health savings accounts
- Group Insurance Benefits; including, Voluntary Accidental Injury Insurance, Group Term Life & AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability and Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Matching and safe harbor 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off including holidays and over three weeks paid vacation
- Professional development support
- Team and social activities including retreats, lunch and learns, and happy hours
- Flexible work schedules
- Adjacent employer paid parking
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
WorldView Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. WorldView Solutions is a drug-free work place.